The pantry is a space in your home that gets a TON of use! It is opened and closed all day and constantly restocked. You are in the pantry for breakfast, lunch,dinner, snacks, midnight snacks, baking sessions, and more. Simply put, your pantry can get out of control very easily!
Here are my top 5 tips for organizing your pantry:
1. Discard anything that has expired. Make sure you reach all the way to the back of the pantry to get everything out!
2. Group food items together (i.e. cereals should be together, canned goods should be together, pastas should be together, snacks should be together). This also applies to water bottles, paper goods, and alcohol.
3. If you have food items you don’t use often, or store other things in your pantry that are seldom used (i.e. serving-ware) put them on the top of your pantry. That way you maximize space at eye level for the things you grab every day.
4. Use baskets and bins to store the items you grouped in Step 2. Clear bins help you see more quickly what you are running low on, or what you have too much of.
5. Consider adding a basket of snacks for your kids at their eye level. This will allow them to grab and go without bugging you for another snack :)